- 455 g Beans (Navy)
- 3 Medium Carrots Sliced
- 3 Item Celery (Leaves)Chopped
- 250 mL Oil (Olive)
- 1 Medium Onions (White)Chopped
- 1 Pinch Pepper To taste
- 1 Pinch Salt To taste
- 250mL Tomato ( (Sauce) )
- Soak the beans in water from the previous night.
- Strain the water and place the beans in a pot with new water.
- Boil for a while and once again strain.
- Sautee the onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the tomato sauce. You can also add fresh, well-ripened, tomatoes chopped into chunks.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Put the strained beans in the pot, add the rest of the ingredients. Let it boil for hours or until the base is thick and the beans are tender.