- 1 kilo of mixed Pork-Beef minced meat
- 1 cup of white dry wine
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 2 fresh eggs (beaten)
- 1 lamb suet (optional)
- 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp of dry mint
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the mixed Pork-Beef minced meat in a big bowl; add the two beaten fresh eggs, breadcrumbs, chopped onions, chopped parsley, dry mint and salt and pepper.
- Mix well so all ingredients are everywhere in the minced meat.
- On a wax paper spread some flour, place the mixture and spread in a thick long and narrow shape about 9×5 inches.
- Place the three hard boiled eggs in the middle lengthwise; cover the eggs with the minced meat making sure the mixture covers the eggs and it will not open while cooking.
- Roll in lamb suet (optional) for a better taste.
- Place the meat loaf in a baking pan with the melted butter.
- Cook in low heat, and when is golden brown on the top, turn it over and add the white wine.
- After 5-10 minutes of cooking on the other side, once in a while we take some of the juice from the pan and pour it over the meat loaf.
- When golden brown and cooked remove from oven and let it cool a little and cut in thin slices.
- While meat loaf is cooking add some thin slices of potatoes if you prefer (optional).
- Meat Loaf can be accompanied with mashed potatoes, French fries, salad or potatoes cooked with it in the same pan.
Meat Loaf can be done with tomato sauce as well. In the pan with the butter we add 1 tsp of tomato sauce diluted in 1/2 a cup of water or 2 tbsp of diced ripped tomatoes.
The rest of the procedure is the same as above.