- 4 cups shredded zucchini (squeeze out excess juices)
- 4 cups self raising flour
- 150g feta cheese (crumbled)
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped fresh herbs (dill, mint and oregano)
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- This recipe makes about 12 mini loaves
- Wash the Zucchini under plenty of running water and dry.
- Shred the zucchini in e bowl and squeeze out all the excess juice.
- Place the flour in a large bowl and mix it with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the fresh herbs and mix again.
- Pour the olive oil, beaten eggs and balsamic vinegar and kneed until it becomes dough.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, (shredded zucchini, crumbled feta cheese, chopped garlic and onion) and kneed again well to mix all ingredients with the dough.
- If the dough is too thick add some water or some milk and thin it out.
- Pour your mix into the cups of a muffin baking dish.
- Do not fill the cups to the top because the mixture will rise and is going to overflow.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius or until golden brown.
- Remove from the baking dish and serve while hot.
- Psomakia me Kolokithakia (Zucchini Mini Bread) can be eaten hot or cold.
- Psomakia me Kolokithakia (Zucchini Mini Bread) can be served for breakfast or as a snack during the day..