A zesty tomato soup, great with a pasta.
- 1 celery (stalks)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of white sugar
- 3 medium, ripe tomatoes
- Wash, peel, core and crush the tomatoes.
- Press the tomatoes through a strainer, removing any course pulp and the seeds.
- Place the juice in a stock pot with the celery, the sugar, the oil, the salt and enough water.
- Slowly boil the contents for 20 or so minutes then add your pasta of choice.
- Continue to boil until your noodles are cooked to taste.
- Remove the celery and serve hot.