In Greek: συκωτάκια τηγανητά, pronounced see-ko-TAHK-yah tee-ghah-nee-TAH
This delicious meze goes especially well with wine. For lamb and kid liver, add a squeeze of lemon juice. For pork and calf liver, sprinkle with vinegar.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound of liver (lamb, kid, calf, or pork)
- flour for dredging
- olive oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- fresh lemon juice or red wine vinegar for serving
- Cut the liver into small 1 x 2-inch chunks and salt. Dredge in flour and fry in 1/4 – 1/3 inch of hot olive oil over medium / medium-high heat until done (about 8-10 minutes).
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice (for lamb or kid) or a sprinkle of red wine vinegar (calf or pork).
- Yield: serves 5-6 as a meze/appetizer with other dishes