- 2 1/2 cups of chick peas
- 1/2 a cup of lemon juice
- 4 tbsp of Tachini
- 3-4 cloves of garlic grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Finely chopped parsley
- Black Kalamata olives
- Hot dry red pepper to taste(Optional)
The ingredients given are for 6-8 servings
- Place chick peas in a deep bowl or a pot and soak overnight.
- The following day, place chick peas in a pan with water 1 tbsp of salt and boil for about 1-11/2 hour or until the chick peas are soft.
- Check periodically, stir and add hot water if needed.
- Strain cooked chick peas but keep the broth you cooked them in hot.
- Place the chick peas in the mixer and mix until they become a soft cream.
- If you do not have a mixer, mush and mix the chick peas by hand.
- Place in a small bowl, 1/2 a tsp of salt, pepper to taste, the lemon juice, tachini, grated garlic and mix.
- Add it to the mixer with the chick pea cream and mix well.
- Gradually start pouring the chick pea broth in the mixer until the mixture is quite thin to preference.
- Pour the Revithia Soup (Chick Pea Soup) into a serving soup bowl or in individual soup bowls directly and serve.
- Revithia Soup (Chick Pea Soup) is served hot.
- Garnish each soup bowl with olive oil, chopped parsley, 4-5 Kalamata olives and red hot pepper (Optional).