- 44 orange
- 24 mandarins
- 16 lemons
- 1800 gr of sugar
- 1800 gr of water
- 3 cognac glasses of lemon juice
- Squish the oranges, the mandarins and the lemons and pass the juices through a cheese cloth or a dense strainer.
- With them you should fill nine water glasses of juice.
- If they do not fill nine water glasses after squish some more.
- Pour the water in a saucepan, add the sugar and put in the fire.
- When the sugar ties up, remove it from the fire, pour the 3 glasses of lemon juice and stir to combine.
- When it is half way cold add the 9 glasses of juice and stir to mix.
- Place back in the fire and when it boils remove it from the fire.
- Set it aside to cool down a bit and pour it in clean sealable bottles.
- Portokalada (Orange Squash) can be stored in the fridge or a cold place.
- To drink Orange Squash, pour some in a water glass and fill with cold water and if you prefer, add some ice.