Pan fried Liver. Chicken, lamb or beef liver. For when you’re mad at the kids!
- 1 lb of beef’s liver
- 2 cloves (optional)
- a little flour for all purposes, for dredging
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- a little oil, for frying
- 1 pinch of oregano
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- Wash the liver very well.
- If using lamb or calf liver, cut it into strips or cubes.
- Season the liver with salt and pepper and dredge in the flour.
- Shake off excess and fry in the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the oregano, lemon juice and garlic (if used).
- Pour the contents of the pan onto a serving dish and serve with lemon wedges and bread for dipping into the oil/lemon/oregano mixture.
- May also be served as a main course. Simply increase the quantities according to how many people are being served. Serve with either fried potatoes or plain white rice.