- 9 oranges with thin peel
- 2 lemons
- 10 1/2 cups of sugar
- Wash the oranges and lemons thoroughly under running water.
- Place oranges and lemons in a pot on low heat with enough water to cover them until they are soft and well cooked.
- Drain and reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- When they are almost cold, cut in quarters and remove the peels.
- Place the pulp in a strainer and slice the peels lengthwise in thin slices.
- Remove the pits and the membranes from the pulp and mash what ever is left from the inside of the oranges and lemons.
- Place the pulp, the sliced peels and the reserved liquid from boiling in a clean pot and add the sugar.
- Place the pot over high heat, stir occasionally with a wooden spoon and boil until the desire thickness of the orange jam is reached.
- Remove from the heat, let it cool down completely, place in sterilized jars and refrigerate.