A “Meze” to accompany Ouzo!
- 1-2 of pinches dill
- 1 medium octopus
- 1/3 cup of olive oil (at your own discretion)
- 1 large, red onion
- 2-3 pinches of oregano
- 1-2 pinches of pepper
- 1 medium, green pepper
- 2-3 pinches of salt
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons of red wine’s vinegar
- First, boil your octopus for about 35-45 minutes depending on its size.
- While you are waiting, finely chop all other ingredients and set aside.
- When octopus is ready, cool down with cold water and clean away the slimy red skin and remove the “head” which is the mouth area of the octopus.
- Do this after boiling the octopus instead of before because it is easier.
- Chop up your octopus into 2 cm cubes, add all the other ingredients, and add oil and vinegar as if it were a salad. (Greeks use heaps!!!)
- Hint: this dish is tastier if you put it in the fridge for about half an hour before serving.