- 500 g calves’ liver, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, mashed, 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup sweet, red wine
- 2 lamb cauls
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Saute the onion and garlic in half the olive oil.
- Add the chopped liver, parsley, and cumin.
- Saute for another 2-3 minutes and douse with the wine.
- Clean and wash the caul, cut into 8 strips, 10×15 cm.
- Put a spoonful of the mixture on each one, fold in the sides, and roll up.
- Arrange them side by side in a heat-proof dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180*C for 5-10 minutes, until the caul-fat melts and they are lightly browned.
- Strain the pan juices and pour over the rolls.
- Serve immediately.