- Dough Ingredients:
- 2 cups of hard flour
- 1/2 a cup plus of water
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Halloumi cheese grated
- 2 eggs
- Dry mint
- Place the flour in a large bowl, add the salt and mix.
- Pour the water a little at a time as much as it will take and knead into a stiff dough.
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and set aside for about 20 minutes.
- Place the grated Halloumi cheese into a bowl, add the eggs and mint and mix well.
- The filling mixture should be a little stiff.
- If it is too stiff add another egg or some more grated Halloumi or just use as much of the original 2 eggs as needed.
- Shape the filling into a roll and cut into small pieces.
- Cut the dough into two equal pieces and roll them into thin Filo sheets.
- Place the filling mixture pieces on the first Filo sheet at 5 cm intervals.
- Cover the first sheet with the second and press the two sheets firmly with your fingers around the filling.
- Cut the ravioles with a round cutter (if one available) or with a small glass.
- Place the made ravioles on a lightly floured pan and continue the above process until all the filling mixture is used.
- In a casserole bring to boil some chicken broth and cook the ravioles for about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the ravioles with a slotted spoon from the casserole and place in a serving platter.
- Sprinkle generously with grated Halloumi cheese some dry mint and serve hot.