- 3 cups of chick peas
- 1 cup of tachini
- 1/2 a cup of olive oil
- 1/2 a cup of lemon juice
- 4-5 cloves of garlic grated
- 1/2 a tsp of red hot pepper
- Finely chopped parsley
- Black Kalamata olives
- Salt to taste
– Place chick peas in a deep bowl or a pot and soak overnight.
– The following day, place chick peas in a pan with water 1/2 tbsp of salt and boil for about 1-11/2 hour or until the chick peas are soft.
– Check periodically, stir and add hot water if needed.
– Place red pepper, garlic, tachini and 1/2 a tbsp of salt in the mixer and beat well to mix all ingredients.
– When the chick peas are cooked add them to the tachini mixture in the mixer and beat well until it becomes a thick paste.
– Reduce the speed of the mixer and alternately add a small amount of olive oil and lemon juice.
– When you bring it to your taste and it is a smooth paste your Houmous (Chick Pea Dip) is done.
– Transfer the Houmous into a Dip Dish.
– Garnish Houmous (Chick Pea Dip) with chopped parsley and Kalamata olives.
– Serve cold with Greek Pitta Bread.