- 1/2 a kilo (3 1/2 cups) of flour
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1/2 a cup of olive oil
- Lukewarm water (enough to make it pliable dough)
- Place the flour in a bowl, add the salt and mix.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the olive oil.
- Mix to sticky smooth dough adding the water as needed.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls of equal size.
- Cover them with Plastic wrap and let them rest on a lightly floured surface for 1 hour.
- When the 1 hour has passed take 3 of the balls and, using a wooden rolling pin, open them into flat circles 15 cm in diameter.
- Lightly brush the first ‘filo’ with olive oil and place the second one on top of it.
- Lightly brush this one with olive oil and then place the third filo on top.
- Sprinkle flour on top.
- With a rolling pin open out the dough with the 3 filos until you have a large enough circle to fill your size baking dish and cover the edges.
- Repeat the previous steps to make the top filo pastry with the exception of the top filo should be to cover the inside dimensions of your size baking dish.
- The ingredients shown above are enough for one pie.