- 4 tomatoes cut in very small cubes
- 3 bunches of parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 a bunch of spearmint finely chopped
- 70-100gr of crushed weed (pligouri)
- Juice from 3 lemons
- 4 fresh onions finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the crushed weed (pligouri) in a large enough bowl, pour water to cover it and set aside soaking for about 5 hours.
- After soaking for 5 hours, strain and place on a kitchen towel to absorb part of the water.
- Place in a salad bowl, add the chopped parsley, chopped spearmint, the onions and tomatoes and mix well.
- In a jar with a lid, add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and shake well to mix all ingredients.
- Or you can add all the ingredients in a small bowl, and with a fork you mix them up well.
- Pour the oil, lemon mixture over the salad and stir well for the mixture to blend in with the salad ingredients.
- You can dress up your salad bowl with lettuce leafs all around and have the Tambouli salad in the middle.
- It is a good idea to place the salad in the refrigerator for about an hour before is served.
In this kind of salad you can add finely chopped peppers, fresh coriander, celery or even olives if that is your preference.
For 4 servings