- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 1 pinch of dill
- 1-2 lemons, sliced in wedges
- 3 oz of olive oil
- 3 medium, white onions, finely chopped
- 1.10 lb of chick peas
- 1-2 pinches of pepper
- 2-3 pinches of salt
- Soak the chick peas in water overnight.
- Drain them, then rub and mix them well with the baking soda.
- Thoroughly rinse them again and place in pot with cold water.
- Add the onions.
- When it starts to boil, skim off the froth.
- Simmer the chick peas until they soften, about 2 hours.
- Add the oil, salt and pepper and boil for a few more minutes.
- Serve with the lemon wedges.