Kokkinisto me ryzi
- 6 portions of beef
- 1 medium dry onion
- 2 large tomatoes (mashed)
- 1/2 cup wine, red wine
- 1/2 glass, water
- olive oil
- some cloves (powder), some cinnamon (powder)
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan add some olive oil to heat and sauté onion until golden brown.
- Add the portions of the beef and sauté.
- Add wine and stir until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the mashed tomatoes, the water, the pepper, a little bit of cloves and a little bit of cinnamon, reduce heat and leave for about half an hour to cook the beef and the sauce thickens.
- Just before cooking add some salt.
- Serve with white rice.
TIP: We add the salt at the end to avoid toughening the meat.