- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, in room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of dill, chopped
- 2 lbs of lamb’s ground
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 small, white onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons of parsley, chopped
- 1-2 pinches of pepper
- 1/2 cupof rice
- 2-3 pinchesof salt
- 5 cups of water or stock
- In a large bowl mix the meat, rice, onion, parsley, dill, oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix very well and shape into 1″ balls.
- In a large pot add the stock or water along with the butter and bring to a boil.
- Add the meat/rice balls and cook at a simmer for about 30 minutes.
- If the soup is too thin, thicken with a little flour and butter (mashed together).
- Add the avgolemono sauce to the soup.
- 1-2 cups vegetable’s broth
- 2 eggs
- a little flour for all purposes
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 white onion
Avgolemono sauce directions
- Mix a little flour with the lemon juice.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Slowly add the broth while continuing to beat.
- Pour and mix the avgolemono sauce into your food.
- Remove from heat before the sauce thickens.