In Greek: σάλτσα γιαουρτιού, pronounced SAHLT-sah yee-ah-oort-YOU
This is a delightful sauce that is delicious on baked potatoes, and it doubles as a salad dressing. Use it on sandwiches, pita wraps, or wherever your imagination takes you.
- 16 ounces of thick strained yogurt *
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 5-6 leaves of fresh mint
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
Put all ingredients except the mayonnaise in the blender and blend at low speed until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, whisk in the mayonnaise, and serve or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Low Fat Tip: Use low fat yogurt and mayonnaise to bring the fat count way down.
* If you can’t find Greek strained yogurt, strain it yourself.