- 6 slices of tope (dogfish or smooth-hound shark steaks)
- 250 g mulberries or blackberries
- 25 g olive oil
- 25 g walnuts, chopped
- 6 slices white bread, dried and crumbled
- 1 spring spearmint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. raisins or currents
- 25 g fresh butter
- 1/2 cup sweet, white wine
- salt, pepper
- juice of one lemon
- Place the fish in a small pan and brush both sides with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and bake the fish in a moderate oven (180*C) for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the berries, breadcrumbs, olive oil, walnuts, chopped spearmint, raisins, and wine.
- Whisk the ingredients and set aside for about 2 hours.
- Put the mixture in a blender and process until well blended.
- Push through a fine-mesh strainer into a small pan.
- Heat the sauce thoroughly, adding a little pepper and the lemon juice.
- Pour over the slices of baked fish and serve.