Taramosalata is an appetizer that can be eaten with bread as a dip or as a spread. Will be found in every Greek house and restaurant and now you can do it your self by following the simple instructions.
- 1 cup of olive Oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 250g Tarama (Fish Eggs)
- 1 1/2 cup of bread soaked and drained or mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of salt
And for garnishment, fresh parsley and kalamata black olives.
- Taramas can be bought in jars already cleaned and ready to go.
- Pour Tarama in the mixer and mix with a few drops of olive oil until it takes the pasty form.
- A little bit at a time add the bread or mashed potatoes, olive oil and lemon juice to taste until it becomes a thick smooth paste.
- Do not add too much salt as Taramas it self is already salty.
- Place in a small dish and garnish with Parsley and kalamata olives.
- Good luck and enjoy.