- 650 gr minced beef
- 8 large tomatoes -cut around stems and open the seeds and wash them well
- 2 medium onions -finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 750 gr ripe tomatoes -skinned and chopped or tinned tomatoes with their juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 litre dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil seasoning
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chopped onions until soft. Put the minced meat into a large salad bowl. Add the fried onions with the oil, crushed garlic, two eggs, rosemary, salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the meat filling and put the lids on. Arrange them side by side with the caps upwards. Pour in the white wine and add the chopped tomatoes with their juice. Cover and cook 30-40 minutes. Add the freshly chopped basil and serve hot.