- 24 dried figs
- 12 walnut halves
- 1 cup premium Greek honey (thyme-scented)
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- 6 sheets filo (optional)
- Soak the figs for 24 hours in a bowl with 3 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon rose-water, and enough warm water to cover.
- The next day, remove the figs, drain, and stuff each one with half a walnut.
- Warm the remaining honey and stir into the liquid and pour over the stuffed figs.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Drain the figs and pat dry.
- Cut each filo sheet into quarters.
- Wrap each stuffed fig in a piece of filo to form small rolls.
- Brush with olive oil or butter and bake in a hot oven for about 5 minutes or until the filo is golden.
- Warm the syrup and drizzle a small amount on the rolls and serve.