- 1 kilo of strawberries
- 1 kilo minus 1 cup of sugar
- 5 tsp of brandy
- 6 tbsp of lemon juice
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon for the finish strawberry preserves
- Wash well and cut the stems off the strawberries.
- Cut in half or quarters if they are too big and place in a pot.
- Cover with the sugar and mix carefully not to break the strawberries.
- Add the brandy and the 6 tbsp of lemon juice, cover the pot so nothing falls in it and set aside for about 7 hours for the strawberries to release their liquids.
- After the strawberries release their liquids, place the pot over low heat and boil for about 6 minutes.
- The following day place the pot over medium heat and boil until the syrup sets, skimming any foam forming during boiling.
- Add the juice of 1/2 a lemon towards the end of the syrup setting.
- Remove the pot from the heat and set aside for the Gliko Fraoula (Strawberry Preserve) to cool down completely.
- Put into sterilized jars and refrigerate.
- Good luck and enjoy.