- 1 kg. of large snails
- 1 bunch of scallions, diced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes, roasted in the oven
- 7-8 cloves of garlic, roasted along with the tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- After boiling your snails to remove any remaining impurities, get a large pot on your stovetop and over medium-high heat, add your onions, scallions, bay leaves and rosemary and lower to medium and saute for about 5-10 minutes.
- Now add the snails, roasted tomatoes and garlic, wine and water and bring to a boil. Adjust seasoning with some salt and pepper, cover with a lid and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Ajust seasoning with salt & pepper and throw in a splash of balsamic vinegar to balance the sweetness from the onions and roasted cherry tomatoes.
- Serve in bowls as an appetizer with good crusty bread and some Raki, Ouzo or Tsipouro.