This is a great dish for a family dinner or a friendly gathering. The good thing is that your kitchen will smell amazing while making it. The bad thing is that you will have to wait two hours to enjoy it!
for 4-6 people
- 1.5kg pork butt cut into medium sized cubes
- 1 green pepper finely sliced
- 1 red pepper finely sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1tsp sweet or hot paprika
- 100g Greek kefalograviera, or pecorino Romano, in cubes
- salt, pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 οC.
- In a big bowl combine the meat with peppers, onions, garlic, pepper and paprika. You can cover it and leave it in the fridge for a night to marinate (it will make it tastire) or proceed immediately. If you proceed immediately you can add the salt straight away, but it is not good to let the meat marinate with the salt, as it will lose its moisture.
- Take one baking bag and put half the meat in it following the manufacturer’s instructions (dust it with flour, make holes in it etc.). Do that for the other half too.
- Place the two packets of goodness on a baking tray and roast for about two hours, or until you get very tender meat.
- Carefully open your packets and divide the cheese between them. The heat of the food will melt it. Once melted you are good to serve.
- Enjoy together with oven roast potatoes, a vegetable side or a nice salad.