HOIRINO ME MAPA
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 24/2 pounds boneless pork, trimmed of fat
- and cut into stewing pieces 2 large onions, grated
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste diluted with
- 3 tablespoons water Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small cabbage
Makes about 6 servings
1. Heat 1⁄4 cup of the olive oil in a large stewing pot or Dutch oven and brown the meat on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the onions to the pot and reduce the heat to low. Cover and steam in the oil until wilted, about 10 minutes.Add the diluted tomato paste and stir.
2. Place the meat back in the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in enough water to cover the meat. Cover the pot and increase the heat to high. As soon as the liquid comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for V hour.
3. Meanwhile, cut the cabbage in half, remove the core, and cut each half into strips about 1V2 inches wide. Break apart the leaves, then wash and drain the cabbage thoroughly. Add to the pot and toss to combine thoroughly with the meat. Adjust the seasoning with additional salt and pepper and add the remaining olive oil. Cover and simmer until the cabbage and meat are very tender, another 45 minutes or so.