A quick and easy recipe for pasta with shrimp that’s perfect for a weeknight supper. It’s also a no-fuss Lenten meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 oz. (225 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of l lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. (450 g) fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped
- 1 lb. (450 g) shrimp, peeled
- 1 lb. (450 g) pasta, cooked and drained (reserve about a cup of pasta cooking water)
- Chopped fresh parsley for serving (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. (200 C)
In a very large saute pan, heat the oil until shimmering and add onions. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute. Add the sliced mushrooms and spinach.
Saute until the spinach is wilted and the mushrooms are tender cooked. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Lay the shrimp in a single layer on a baking or sheet pan. Drizzle with oil and then toss with lemon zest, salt, and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Roast shrimp in a preheated 400 degree oven for 6 -8 minutes until pink – do not overcook.
Toss the cooked pasta in with the mushrooms and spinach. Add some of the reserved pasta water if the mixture is too dry. Toss in the baked shrimp, dust with chopped parsley and finish with a bit of lemon zest if you like.