- 1 kilo of oranges
- 1 lemon
- 2 litres water
- 1 kilo sugar
- Wash the oranges and lemon under plenty of running water.
- Cut the oranges and lemon in 8 parts.
- Remove the pits and cut off any hard parts (membranes) and keep the pits and membranes.
- Place the pits and membranes in a bowl and cover them with part of the water.
- Cut the rest of the orange and lemon parts in small pieces, place them in a pot and pour in the remaining water and let it stand for about 24 hours.
- Place the pot over medium heat to boil.
- Add the water from the pits, tie the pits in a thin cloth (tourbani) and put them in the pot with the orange pieces.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes and add the sugar stirring with a wooden spoon to melt the sugar.
- Increase the heat and boil the jam for about 1 1/2 stirring occasionally with the wooden spoon so it will not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- When you get the desired thickness of the syrup, remove from the heat, remove the cloth (tourbani) with the pits and let it cool down completely.
- Place in sterilized jars and refrigerate.