In Greek: μυζηθροπιτάκια, pronounced mee-zee-throh-pee-TAHK-yah
Use your homemade phyllo dough and a pasta machine for this easy and quick recipe for a sweet cheese pie to serve as a dessert or snack.
Tip: These can be made ahead of time and frozen. Freeze flat on a tray covered with a towel and foil. Once frozen, place in plastic bags. To use, defrost for 10 minutes and fry over medium heat.
- 2 1/5 pounds of fresh myzithra cheese (or mascarpone or ricotta cheese)
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pound of homemade phyllo dough
- flour for work surface
- olive oil for frying
- honey for drizzling
Tools & Utensils
- serrated cutter (see second photo) or other 2 – 2 1/4 -inch diameter cutter (cookie cutter, small glass, etc.)
- heavy-bottomed frying pan or skillet
- slotted spoon or spatula
Yield: 70 small pies