Four garlic cloves, celery, rue, coriander, salt grains, and cheese.
- 1 1/4 cup fresh cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons celery leaves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, finely minced (to substitute for rue )
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Combine all ingredients and shape into a round.
- Serve with bread or crackers.
Makes 1 1/4 cup.
- Parsley was substituted for rue due to the fact that rue may cause adverse effects.
- If possible, make the Moretum at least 24 hours in advance, to allow the flavors to blend.
- To mold into a round (or any other shape), line the mold with plastic wrap, then press the cheese into it, cover with more wrap, and chill.
- It will last at least two weeks in the refrigerator.