Tender grilled eggplant, zucchini, red peppers, and potatoes are tossed with Greek vinaigrette and topped with a bit of crumbled Feta cheese for a little extra zing.
This is a great Summer side dish or light vegetarian main course.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
- Olive oil for brushing vegetables
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 large zucchini, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced in 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 large potato, parboiled and sliced
- Crumbled Feta cheese for serving
- For the Vinaigrette
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed with the flat side of knife
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried mint
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- a pinch of dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Prepare the vinaigrette: Add the ingredients to a small bottle or bowl and shake or whisk together. Allow the vinaigrette to sit for about 1/2 an hour for the flavors to meld. Discard the garlic clove before using.
Heat the grill to medium high. Lightly brush the vegetables with olive oil and grill for about 5 minutes on each side or until tender.
Cut larger pieces into chunks and toss with dressing in a large bowl. Sprinkle with crumbled Feta cheese and serve immediately.