In Greek: αρνί με φασολάκια, pronounced ahr-NEE meh fah-soh-LAHK-yah
One of the favorite pressure cooker stew recipes, leg of lamb (bone in or boneless) is stewed with tomatoes, potatoes, and green beans. This recipe can also be made using traditional cooking methods.
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 pounds of leg of lamb, bone in (or 3 1/3 pounds of boneless leg of lamb) cut in serving sized pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 7/8 cup of olive oil
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 2 1/4 pounds of fresh or frozen green beans, ends trimmed
- 3 medium-large tomatoes, pulped in blender
- 4 tablespoons of canned tomato sauce
- 2 1/4 pounds of potatoes, peeled, cut in large chunks
In the pressure cooker, sauté the onion and meat in olive oil for 10 minutes over medium heat. Add water and 1 teaspoon of salt, bring to a boil, seal, and cook at pressure for 5 minutes.
Use fast pressure release, open, and add beans. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, loosely covered, for 5 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and 1 teaspoon of salt. When it comes to a boil, cook for 15 minutes covered, not sealed, stirring occasionally.
Stir in potatoes, bring to a boil, seal, and cook at pressure for 5 minutes. Use fast pressure release, keep covered, and let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Yield: Serves 6