- 1 Chicken 1 1/2 -2 kg
- 1 Stick of celery cut in three
- 1 Large onion cut in four
- 1 Carrot sliced in half
- 1/2 a kg of thick macaroni (Thicker than spaghetti)
- 1 Lemon cut in Quarters
- 1 tbsp of salt
- Grated Greek Myzithra Cheese
- Clean and wash the chicken well inside and out.
- Place chicken in a large enough pot, cover with water and add the salt.
- Let it boil, collect and throw away all the foam that will be created.
- After you clean the chicken broth, add all your vegetables and let it cook for an hour or until is cooked.
- Take chicken out of the pot and place in a serving dish with 1 lemon cut in quarters, or you squeeze the lemon over the chicken.
- Another way if you like, butter your chicken, squeeze the lemon over it and broil in the oven until golden brown.
- Strain your chicken broth, boil again and add your macaroni.
- Cook to taste and serve hot. It can be served with or without the remaining broth.
- If you prefer instead of macaroni you can use spaghetti, penne, orzo, or any other pasta you want.
- The preparation of such a meal is very simple, yet very nourishing and tasty dish.