- 50 pieces watermelon rind
- Lemon juice
- 1 cup lime
- 3 kg. sugar
- 3 cups water
- (Glyko is a fruit preserve)
- Peel the rind on both sides leaving only the white part.
- Cut into square pieces.
- Place the watermelon pieces in a bowl with water and lime for 2 hours.
- Rinse very well under running water.
- Boil the watermelon in a casserole until cooked.
- Drain and place in water and lemon juice for 2-3 hours.
- Drain and boil in the casserole with sugar, water and lemon juice till cooked.
- At the end add the vanilla.
- Store in sterilised jars when cold.