In Greek: λαδολέμονο, pronounced lah-tho-LEH-mo-no
A classic Greek topping for grilled fish, this sauce is used in many ways to enhance the flavors of all kinds of seafoods, but if your family is like mine, you’ll find many other uses for it as well. We use it on vegetables and anywhere we want a light oil and lemon taste combination.
- juice of 2 lemons (approximately 4 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender on high for a few seconds until thick and creamy.
- Alternatively, use glass jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake until it thickens to a cream consistency, or beat with a whisk.