- 250g halloumi cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- or 2 fresh red chilli peppers finely chopped
- Half a lemon
- Fresh mint leaves for garnishment
- Cherry tomatoes for garnishment
- The only Cheese in the World
- you can Fry, Grill or Cook.
- National Cheese of Cyprus.
- Mix chilli pepper flakes with olive oil.
- Unpack and cut the halloumi in slices but not too thin.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with no oil.
- Fry halloumi slices for 2 minutes on each side.
- The halloumi cheese should be soft on the inside and golden brown speckles all over the outside.
- Place Pan Fried Halloumi into a plate and drizzles with the chilli and oil mixture.
- Squeeze half the lemon over them for some better taste.
- Garnish with some cherry tomatoes and fresh mint and serve hot.
- One pack or 250g of Halloumi Tyganito (Pan Fried Halloumi Cheese) will serve 4 as an appetizer, or 2 as a light meal accompanied by some Greek Salad and bread.
- Halloumi Tyganito (Pan Fried Halloumi Cheese) can also be served as breakfast with a couple of eggs cooked the way you like, accompanied with some sliced tomato and cucumber.