- 300g onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 cup olive oil
- 150 g dry myzithra or goat cheese or haloumi, cut into 12 triangles
- 6 slices of sandwich bread, cut diagonally (12 triangles)
- flour for dusting
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- a pinch of dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- Fry the bread in olive oil until golden on both sides.
- Wet the cheese triangle and dust with flour and fry in hot olive oil, until golden on all sides.
- Saute the onion until wilted and add the thyme, wine, vinegar, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Simmer until the onions are glazed and allow to cool.
- Spoon some onion mixture on the fried bresd and place a fried cheese triangle on top.