- 3-4 oysters per person
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of ground lovage
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbls vinegar
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 1 tbls wine
- 1 tsp anchovy essence
- 1 tbls honey (optional)
- Open the oysters as near as possible to the time of eating.
- They may be served raw, stewed,or baked then covered with the following sauce.
- Mix the pepper and lovage with the egg yolks, then add the vinegar, a drop at a time, to make a smooth mixture.
- Stir in the olive oil, wine, and anchovy essence.
- Honey may be added if you like. Mix all ingredients together thoughly and pour over oysters and serve.