- 600g ground pork meat (mincemeat)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 100g fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cinammon or all-spice
- 1 tbsp salt and freshly milled pepper to taste
- Corn oil or Vegetable oil or olive oil for frying
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Once ready to cook add about an inch of the oil to a hard-base frying pan and heat.
- Take small amounts of the mincemeat mix and form small balls of about 1 1/2 inches diameter and add to the frying pan. Do this in batches of 4 or 5 balls at a time. Fry them for a few minutes on one side and roll the balls over and fry the other side.
- Remove when browned all over and add to kitchen paper covered bowl to soak up the excess oil.
- Serve as part of a meze or for a quick snack.
- Makes about 20 – 30 meatballs