Thispitta is used for the souvlakia, sieftalia or to make perfect sandwiches.
4 cups durum flour for bread (if you use plain flour for all uses)
1 teaspoon yeast
1 1 / 2 cups lukewarm water
3 / 4 teaspoon salt sweet
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients (except water). When the warm water to test the finger, if you tolerate it is okay.
- Add the water little by little until the dough and not sticky hands.
- For baking to cover the bowl with a clean towel and place in warm spot. If you are on the radiator and put a chair next to enter the radiator (not up). If it’s cold
- Turn the oven earlier and put the stove or next to Turn a fan heater or a stove if you have.
- When risen and almost doubled in volume, xanazymonoume to come down and divide into about 10 pieces.
- The mold into balls and then give the plastic the shape we want. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired, to recover and leave about 10 minutes to rise slightly.
- Preheated oven at 180 degrees and oil a large pan and knuckle and ladokolla below. The Bake for 15 minutes and if they get a little color to go back and cook for 5 minutes.
A few more secrets:
Pitta is eaten with challoumi in grills or tomato fetta and riganoula and is perfect. The next time in Cyprus try Pitta in many variations and enjoy.