- Cypriot haloumi with pesto ingredients for 6 people
- 12 slices of halloumi chontroules
- 3 ripe tomatoes, red tight
- for pesto
- 1 cup of coffee oil
- 1 cup of coffee xasprismena almonds
- 1 tea cup cheese,
- 1 cup of mint tea leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and dry tomatoes. Remove the belly button and nose and cut into 12 thick slices. Four of each tomato. The salt on both sides and touching a paper towel to dry.
- Prepare the pesto. In your blender add the mixer principle almonds and make powder. Add 1 cup of brown water, mint leaves, the cheese and working the mixture well until it becomes muddy. Pour the olive oil and garlic, salt and pepper and continue beating until it becomes a homogeneous paste.
- Place the tomato slices on a platter. Cook haloumi, grilled until golden brown on both sides. Each pad put on top of tomatoes 1 tbsp fresh pesto, leaning over the grilled halloumi on top of another and a teaspoon of pesto.
- Serve hot snack. Accompany it with a cold tzivania.
- The Cypriot Halloumi is one of the world’s best cheeses. Enhances flavor when grilled. If you serve with sliced tomatoes and a pesto-based products in Cyprus will land off.