- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of flour for all purposes
- 1 medium, white onion, finely choped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2.20 lbs of chick peas
- 1-2 pinches of pepper
- 2 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes
- 2-3 pinches of salt
- Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- Boil chickpeas for 40 minutes.
- Strain and mash.
- Add the mashed potatoes, beaten eggs, onion, 4-5 tablespoons (60-75ml) flour and seasonings.
- Mix the ingredients well and form into balls.
- Turn and fry until browned.
- Drain and serve hot.
- Roll the balls in remaining flour and fry in a little oil until golden brown.