SESKOULA YIAHNI ME FETA
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2 pounds green chard, trimmed, coarsely chopped, and washed well
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus oil for drizzling on
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 cups grated tomatoes or coarsely chopped plum tomatoes (canned are fine)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3⁄4 pound Greek feta cheese, crumbled
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the chard for 15 minutes. Drain in acolander.
2. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and cook the onions and celery for about 7 minutes, stirring, until wilted. Add the chard and toss to coat with the oil. Add the tomatoes and season with a little salt and pepper. Let the greens simmer, uncovered, until most of the pot juices have boiled off, about 20 minutes.
3. Add the crumbled feta, stir, and continue simmering until the cheese is completely melted and the sauce very thick, another 7 minutes or so. Serve warm or at room temperature, drizzled, if desired, with additional olive oil.