- 11⁄2 to 2 pounds bonito or other small tuna,boned
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, to taste, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 pound kefalotyri cheese or any hard yellow cheese, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
Makes 4 to 6 servings
1. Cut as many sheets of parchment paper and aluminum foil as there are fish, each big enough to wrap one up in. Place each sheet of parchment on top of a sheet of aluminum foil. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Rub each fish with a little of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place one fish in the center of each sheet of parchment. Top the fish with a little garlic, parsley, and cheese. Place several pieces of the cut tomatoes on top of each. Fold up the parchment so that it encloses the fish entirely, almost like an envelope. Wrap each in aluminum foil, place in a shallow baking pan, and bake until the fish is completely cooked and fork-tender, about 35 minutes. Immediately serve on individual plates.