Yet another variation of Greek salad!
- 8 oz of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large cucumber, peeled on, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons of fresh mauntano or mint, minced
- 1/2 of mint, lightly packed, fresh leaves
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of black olives (“Kalamata” olives)
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- 2 medium, red peppers, cut into 1/2″ squares
- 2 medium, green peppers, cut into 1/2″ squares
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 4 medium tomatoes, firm and ripe, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- Gently toss tomatoes, onion, cucumber, and peppers in a large bowl.
- In a food processor with a steel blade, process the garlic and salt to a paste.
- Add the mint leaves, and process to a fine mince.
- Add the oregano, thyme, and sugar and process smooth.
- With the motor running, add the olive oil in a thin, steady stream.
- Add the vinegar.
- Taste and correct for seasonings.
- Transfer the dressing to a glass jar, cap tightly, and store in a cool place several hours.
- Bring the dressing to room temperature before using shaking the jar vigorously to blend.
- Pour the dressing over platter and top with crumbled cheese and scatter with olives.
- Sprinkle minced mint for garnish.