- 2-3 kg assorted wild greens: hartwort, amaranth, radicchio, sowthistle, nettle, endive, mustard
- 250 g dry onions, finely chopped
- 300 g green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh dilllweed, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh fennelweed, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Trim, chop and rinse greens.
- Steam them in a large pot and drain.
- In another pan, saute the onions and add to the pot with the greens.
- Simmer over low heat with a little water.
- Just before serving, stir in the chopped herbs, season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with vinegar on the side, if desired.
- Refrigerate unused greens.