- 3 kilos of strawberries
- 3 kilos of sugar
- 1/2 a cup of lemon juice
- The strawberries should be ripped but hard.
- Wash the strawberries under plenty of running water.
- Cur the stems off, cut in quarters and place in big bowl.
- You can mash all the strawberries if you want or leave some behind as they are cut in quarters.
- Place the mashed strawberries in a large pot and add the sugar and lemon juice.
- Let it stand for about an hour or two.
- Place the pot on the stove on high heat and boil until the sugar is melted, stirring occasionally and the syrup starts thickening.
- As soon as you see that the syrup is getting thicker, you can try it by taking some of the syrup with a spoon, pour it in a small plate, tilt it a little bit and if the syrup is runny and sticky, the strawberry marmalade is ready.
- If you want your jam to be thicker, just let it boil for a few more minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and set aside to cool down completely.
- When it cools down it will thicken a little bit more.
- Place the Marmelatha Fraoulas (Strawberry Jam) in jars and keep in the refrigerator.
- Change amounts in the ingredient list for more or less jam.