- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix well.
- Add peeled shrimp making sure they are covered by the liquid.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- The longer they stay in the marinating ingredients the better.
- Thread 3-4 shrimps on each skewer, piercing at head and tail.
- Preheat grill on High, then reduce heat to Medium-High.
- With the lid open, grill shrimp 2 to 3 minutes per side, basting once after first turn.
- Shrimp are done when just pink and opaque.
- Do not overcook.
- You can accompany the BBQ Shrimp with rice, some Greek Salad or just on their own as an Appetizer.
- If they are used as an appetizer they can be accompanied with the appropriate sauce.