In Greek: γλώσσες με σάλτσα, pronounced GLAW-ses meh SAHLT-sah
This is an easy recipe for an elegant dish. It can also be made with flounder.
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 6 whole sole (fresh or frozen), cleaned and skinned
- 1 pound of ripe tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup of dry white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- butter or butter-flavored cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
Rinse the fish well. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in one layer in a buttered (or sprayed) ceramic baking dish. Cover the fish with the tomatoes, then onions, then parsley, and pour the wine over the top. Bake for 30 minutes.
When the fish is almost done, make the cream sauce: beat the heavy cream with the lemon juice. Remove the fish from the oven and turn off the heat. Pour the cream sauce over the fish and return to oven for 5 minutes.
Yield. serves 4-6